County Employment Opportunities
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: For internship opportunities please click on INTERNSHIPS tab or click HERE
Wooden Duck Bed and Breakfast Housekeeper with some Kitchen Assistance
(Andover Township - Sussex County)
compensation: $12 to $15 per hour based upon experience
employment type: part-time
Extremely High Quality Bed and Breakfast in Sussex County. Job requires Housekeeping, kitchen help and possibly office help.
Housekeeping Duties include:
Cleaning guest rooms; removing & washing soiled linens & towels, clean bathrooms including sink, commode, tub or shower, vacuum and dusting.
Kitchen duties "may" include:
Helping in the kitchen for Breakfast, serving guests, washing dishes and baking.
Paid training & mentoring.
Must have excellent English language skills, be energetic, show urgency on your work ethic, be honest, reliable AND have own transportation
2 to 5 days per week (Variable). Must be able to work on weekends and holidays when needed. 12 to 25 per week during the peak season (April through October). Less hours between November and March. Work schedule will vary based upon occupancy and the number of guest checkouts each day but generally be between 8:30AM and 2PM Weekdays and Weekends,
Salary based on experience ranged from $12 to $15 per hour. Must be local to area (Generally greater Andover, Newton, Sparta area) that can be available sometimes with a few hours notice in an emergency.
Serious inquiries only. Please send resume with 2 personal and 2 work references to firstname.lastname@example.org
4/20/17 Town of Newton
The Town of Newton is accepting applications for a seasonal Pool Manager from the end of June until the end of August. This is a supervisory position that requires working every weekend.
- Enforcing policies and procedures, which ensure efficient and effective operation of pool facilities including personnel management and training.
- Swimming pool operations, including
- Prepare all work schedules for employees making sure the manager and/or head life guard is on duty at all times the pool is open
- Maintain staff rotations and staff breaks
- Report hours, days, & time worked for all employees under his/her direct supervision
- Handle first aid scenarios
- Maintain positive public relations at the pool
- Janitorial duties; pool cleaning, cleaning of bathrooms & concession stand area,
- limited pool maintenance including daily chemical analysis/testing,
- Work with Recreation Supervisor on events held at the pool at times other than the regularly scheduled hours (swim lessons, swim team, parties, etc.)
- Check all gates and doors at closing time
- Ensure proper operating condition of all equipment
- Inform Recreation Supervisor when supplies are needed and if equipment needs repaired
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
- Track pool attendance, balance cash drawer, & bring money to the finance office for deposit daily.
- Must be CPR/First Certified
- Lifeguard Instructor, Water Safety Instructor (a plus).
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as strong customer service focus
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to concentrate on tasks in the presence of distractions.
4/20/17 Lafayette House Opportunities
The Lafayette House Restaurant has been in business for over 30 years and we strive to provide excellent customer service to our long standing customers. We are currently looking for enthusiastic and hardworking individuals to join our outstanding team.
Job Description for the Server, Bartender, Hosts
Applicants must be 18 or older and be able to work nights and weekends. Prior restaurant experience and working with a POS system preferred, but will train the right candidate. Ability to work and adapt to a fast paced environment required.
Job Description for the Kitchen Helper
Job requires some manual labor. Must be able to lift 25lbs and be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Please stop by to fill out an application or email your resume to email@example.com
Location: Lafayette, NJ
Organization: The Lafayette House
4/20/17 Career Fair at Project Self-Sufficiency
127 Mill Street Newton, NJ 07860
May 11, 2017 10:00am – 2:00pm
Over 30 Employers/Educational/Training Vendors
Contact 973-940-3500 for more information!
Project Self - Sufficiency
(973) 940 - 3500 Ext. 215
4/19/17 Sussexpress, LLC
“15 Seater Ford Transit Van Driver – Part-time.
Phone: 800 946 4390
Shuttling of passengers between pickup & drop-off locations
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. 8hrs/night
Qualified Drivers must have a valid NJ Driver’s License in good standing
Preferred but not required to apply – B or C with Passenger Endorsement NJ Driver’s License
Send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org”4/14/17 Rite Aid Opportunity
1 Part Time Friendly Front End Associate (Weekends and/or Nights)
15 plus hours per week
Apply At: Rite Aid
359 Route 23 North
Sussex, NJ 07461
4/10/17 Part-Time Customer Experience Specialist
Do you have the gift of exceptional social skills?
Can you command a group with pleasant energy but firm authority?
Do you have the unique ability to make people smile?
Yes? Then maybe Solve it…Escape Rooms (Vernon, NJ) is the place to hang your hat!
Escape rooms are the fun new trend captivating minds throughout the country. These are Puzzle Challenge Rooms where live-action games are played in teams. The concept is to immerse our customers into the experience of these themed rooms. They must work together and use the elements of the rooms to solve a series of puzzles of all types and levels, unravel clues and complete a mission or uncover a mystery, all within a set time limit.
We are seeking more than just a customer service representative. The ideal candidate is a top-tier customer experience specialist. As GAME MASTER, you are responsible for the customer’s experience.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 2 years customer service experience
- Pleasant personality
- Understands and can adapt to emotional Intelligence
- Must have patience and Positive Outlook
- Must have the ability to show empathy in all situations
- Upbeat and energetic
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be comfortable in front of a group with ability to command authority
- Must work well independently as well as with a team
- Schedule must be flexible to include evenings and weekends
Competencies & Responsibilities:
- Provide an exceptional experience for all customers
- Greeting and escorting guests to their desired puzzle experience
- Clearly communicating rules & regulations to customers and provide post-game briefing
- Accurately and quickly reset each puzzle room
- Complete focus in monitoring ongoing games and provide hints accurately
- Book reservations online, via phone and in-person
- Maintain facilities cleanliness
Our success depends on a team driven solely by the reward of a satisfied happy customer. If you believe in your skills, please send us your resume with contact information to email@example.com/4/17 Van Driver – Part Time Family Promise of Sussex County, Newton, NJ
Van Drivers needed for family shelter program. Responsible to provide morning transport for shelter guests from host shelter locations in Sussex County to Day Center located in Newton, NJ. Regular hours are Mondays through Fridays starting at 6:30 am.
Qualified candidates must have a valid NJ Driver's license in good standing.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the agency located at 19 Church Street, Newton, NJ to fill out an application.3/30/17 Skylands Stadium Job Fair April 8
10 am - 2pm Please bring a current resume
- Job Fair, April 8: Learn about exciting opportunities in the sports, entertainment, and food service industry at Skylands Stadium Event Center , the Sussex County Miners, and wheelHouse Craft Kitchen + Bar.
Lafayette Township is seeking Lifeguards for the 2017 summer season.
Good pay. Must be waterfront certified.
Employment applications can be found on our website: www.lafayettetwp.org
Please mail or drop off completed application to:
33 Morris Farm Road
Lafayette, NJ 07848
Tomahawk Lake Waterpark (155 Tomahawk Trail Sparta, NJ )
Now Hiring SUMMER JOBS
Life Guards (will train)
Work weekends & holidays, bring 2 forms of ID, will train, NO experience necessary, Seniors welcome, drug free workplace CALL 914-850-0296 or 973-398-7785 www.tomahawklake.com or email email@example.com
Right at Home of Warren and Sussex
"We Provide Quality Care in your Home"
Looking to Hire: Certified Home Health Aides, CNAs, Companions and Live-Ins.
Warren, Sussex and Morris County Areas.
Competitive Rates, PTO time, flexible Schedules.
Youth Partnership Coach
Family Partners of Morris & Sussex Counties
Family Support Organization
The Youth Coach will be responsible for carrying out the Youth Partnership (YP) Mission which is to provide social, recreational, empowerment, leadership and community service opportunities in a supportive environment to youth affected by emotional, behavioral, mental health or developmental challenges. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Family Partners Youth Coach
The Youth Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise the YP Staff Assistant and Youth Partner Aide.
- Submit attendance sheets for each YP Meeting.
- Build supportive relationships with parents and guardians of Youth Partnership Members.
- Responsible for coordinating all YP events.
- Responsible for chaperoning all YP events.
- Coordinate the assignment of chaperones for the YP trips and events.
- Provide written feedback to Executive Director on all social trips and community service experiences.
- Responsible for inventory of food, condiments and electronic and board games through submission of a monthly report.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a part time position 10-20 hrs per week flexible schedule.
Any interested individual should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Nejeda Foundation: Development Coordinator
Reporting to and in partnership with the CNF Development Director, the Development Coordinator will plan and implement a variety of development activities and play a key role in building relationships with current and potential volunteers/donors to consistently and significantly increase fundraising revenue. The Development Coordinator is a full-time position; some weekends and evenings are required.
- Help develop and execute CNF annual fundraising plan
- Assume lead role in managing staff and volunteers for special events, including pre-planning, mailings, meetings, day-of activities, and follow-up activities
- Manage data entry and gift processing systems; process gifts and facilitate acknowledgements, quickly and promptly
- Update constituent information in constituent database, including meeting and phone notes, cultivation activities, stewardship activities, etc.
- Network with and solicit new individual, foundation, and business donor prospects
- Participate in communications via social media including event updates and volunteer opportunities
- Assist in the production and distribution of newsletters, reports, and other communications materials to donors and supporters
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
- Support grants research, drafting proposal narratives, budgets and prepare submissions to foundations
College degree (highly preferred)
Two-plus years experience in fundraising or a related field
Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills
Familiarity with gift processing databases, website editing, and social media platforms
Interested candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. to:
Camp Nejeda Foundation, Inc.
910 Saddleback Road PO Box 156
Stillwater, NJ 07875
or call the below for more information (973) 383-2611 x.225
Ronetco Supermarkets Inc.
General Store Managers
Assistant Store Managers
Looking for a new direction in your career? We may have the answer. We are a large volume supermarket chain and we are actively seeking candidates for general and assistant store manager positions. We are looking for candidates with great leadership skills who can communicate effectively, provide direction, lead and develop others and achieve results. We are a growing company and are expanding our operations and are looking for candidates to join our team.
Qualified applicants must have energy, passion, a great attitude, verbal and numeric reasoning abilities, and a passion to learn and grow in an extremely exciting business! If you are a highly motivated professional, join a company that shares your enthusiasm! We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Big box retail, and/or supermarket experience desired but not necessary.
Candidates should forward their resumes to:
Aimee DeRogatis – Ronetco Supermarkets, Inc.
Supervisor of Training and Communications
Morris Canal Plaza
1070 US Hwy 46
Ledgewood, NJ 07852